Health tip: Unwind with yoga
(HealthDay News) — Yoga may be a great way to exercise, relax and even relieve pain.
But the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says you can do more harm than good if you practice yoga incorrectly. The academy offers these suggestions:
- Talk to your doctor before trying yoga if you have an injury or medical condition.
- Practice yoga with a qualified instructor who has plenty of experience.
- Always warm up before yoga.
- Wear clothing that allows you to move freely.
- Learn proper technique and the basics of yoga. If you’re not sure of how to do something, ask questions.
- Don’t push yourself too hard, and stop if you have pain.
- Drink enough water.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.