Featured on 40:     Well Wishes for Alex     Parade Slideshow     Gas Prices     Weather Discussion    

Crime Files Special – James Dunn



James Dunn led police on a foot chase twice in one night.

 It happened last Wednesday, the night before Thanksgiving.

 Dunn matched the description of the man who had just robbed this convenient store on Oakland street.

 “Plain cloths cops were on the scene instantly. They observed Mr Dunn matched the description. When investigators pulled up here to question him, Mr Dunn realized they were cops and ran down Euclid street,” explained Springfield Police Sergeant John Delaney.

 Cops chased him a couple blocks and eventually tackled him and arrested him.

 Turns out he wasn’t the guy who robbed the store but cops arrested him for having an open container and resisting arrest.

 That’s when Officer Edwin Torres was called in to Transport Dunn to the police station.

 “When they got to police headquarters the officer was doing a report. At the time, coincidence would have it that the garage door opened in back. Mr Dunn, who was claiming he was Aaron Cornellis, he gave us a false name, he bolted out the back door,” added Delaney.

 Officer Torres chased him down a few streets but this time Dunn got away — still in handcuffs.

 “He fled because he didn’t want to go back to jail,” said Delaney.

 Turns out Dunn was on parole, after serving part of a sentence for assault with a dangerous weapon.

 The police Commissioners Office and Internal Affairs are now investigating to find out exactly how this happened.


 Mass State Police arrested James Dunn Monday afternoon on Belmont Place in Springfield.

Related Stories
Share this story


WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus