ABC40 / Big Y Backyard BBQ Official Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1.) To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Massachusetts residents who are 21 years of age or older and reside in the WGGB viewing area, and be able to supply a gas grill in good working condition for use of the prize.
2.) Employees of Gormally Broadcasting LLC, WGGB TV, and any other company which owns or programs television broadcast station WGGB-TV (the “Station”), WGGB-DT2, Big Y Foods, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and any other company sponsoring the contest, local television stations, cable stations, radio stations, or any other media companies, their affiliated companies, licensees, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families: includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per household. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. All duplicate entries will be disqualified.
(b) To enter, pick up an entry form at any Western Massachusetts Big Y World Class Market location. Entry forms are also available online to print out at www.wggb.com. Mail the completed form to abc40/Big Y Backyard BBQ, 1300 Liberty St., Springfield, MA 01104. Entries must be submitted by mail, no online entries will be accepted.
(c) The Contest starts on May 24, 2012, and all entries must be received by the Station by 5:00p.m. on August 15, 2012. Each Monday, beginning May 28, 2012, for twelve (12) weeks, one winner will be randomly selected from among valid entries. Winners are subject to further review and approval by the Station and Sponsor based on technical requirements and geographic location. Winners will be contacted by phone. A live microwave signal must be tested from the location and the signal must be of airable quality before the winner can be confirmed by the Station.
(d) Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail, or for printing errors.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Gormally Broadcasting LLC and the Station and Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
(f) One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time.
1. Each weekly winner will receive a BBQ to serve ten (10) people, including food, non-alcoholic beverages, condiments, and paper products. The approximate value of each prize is $200.00. The BBQs will take place each Thursday, from June 14, 2012 through August 30, 2012. The Station’s talent and Sponsor’s personalities will conduct the BBQ during the Station’s 5:00pm, 5:30pm, and 6:00pm newscasts. A Big Y banner must be hung on location where it is visible during the broadcast. Winners must have a BBQ on one of the available broadcast dates as determined by Station and Sponsor. If the winner cannot agree to one of the available dates, then the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected, time permitting. No alternate prize of any kind will be awarded. The Station has the right to cancel the BBQ in the event of severe weather, breaking news, or technical problems and will use reasonable efforts to reschedule contingent upon the Station’s schedule. If the BBQ cannot be rescheduled to fit within the Station’s broadcast schedule, no alternate prize of any kind will be awarded.
2. The winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 days of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 5 days, does not return the affidavit of eligibility within 5 days, or take possession of their prize within 5 days, then the prize will remain the property of the Station.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer, sale or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
6. Regardless of the number of contests entered, entrants are eligible to win only one (1) prize within any thirty (30) day period.
7. WGGB-TV and Gormally Broadcasting LLC are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. WGGB-TV, Gormally Broadcasting LLC, and Big Y Foods, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that WGGB-TV, Gormally Broadcasting LLC, and Big Y Foods, Inc., have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you’re the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of winning/Miscellaneous
1) Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received and location.
2) Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WGGB-TV, 1300 Liberty Street, Springfield, MA, 01104 and on the Station’s website at www.wggb.com.
3) For a list of prizewinners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to WGGB-TV, 1300 Liberty Street, Springfield, MA, 01104 by September 7, 2012.
4) This contest is subject to all applicable laws and by regulations and is void where prohibited. Gormally Broadcasting LLC, WGGB-TV, and Big Y Foods, Inc. accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5) Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6) Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.