logo

Smoke Fills Auto Body Shop After Car Catches Fire Overnight

SPRINGFIELD (WGGB) – Police say one person is being treated for smoke inhalation after showing up to work at an auto body shop that was filled with smoke. A car inside had caught fire overnight.

It happened on St. James Avenue. The fire wasn’t discovered until the shop was opened up Wednesday morning. The Springfield Fire Dept. made sure the car was completely extinguished, then ventilated the building.



  • 06012011

    Good thing the tires didn’t ignite….