Small Gas Leak at S.T.C.C. Forces Building Closure
The college’s Director of Marketing and Communications Joan Thomas says that a small gas leak was found around 8:00 a.m. inside Putnam Hall, which is also known as Building 17 on the campus.
Firefighters and crews from Columbia Gas were able to trace the leak back to one of the boilers.
Crews are currently working to repair the leak, but as a precaution, the building has been closed for the day and classes in Putnam Hall (Building 17) only have been cancelled.
All other classes continue as scheduled, and the rest of the campus is open with business as usual, Thomas adds.
Thomas says that it is anticipated that the building will be reopen in time for Monday, but advises students to keep an eye on the school’s website for updates.