logo
Featured on 40:     Storm Slideshow     Another Tornado!     Brittany Ziplines     Weather Discussion    
share on facebook share on twitter
Breaking News
Motorcyclist killed in crash along Memorial Bridge Read more

UPDATE: Fire Leaves Couple Homeless

Photo Courtesy: Lloyd Lords

PALMER, Mass. (WGGB) — A couple is homeless after a fire burned through their Palmer home.

Firefighters were called to 249 Ware Street last night where they found a mobile home up in flames.

Palmer police tell us that the homeowner, Donald Brooke, tried to throw water on the fire but got singed in the process.

The couple was able to get themselves and their animals out into the front yard before fire crews arrived.

Brooke was taken to the hospital to be treated for first-degree burns and smoke inhalation.

Police and Fire investigators are ruling it an electrical fire that started in the back bedroom.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus