logo
Featured on 40:     HRL: Smith Vocational     Gas Tracker     40's Friends     Brittany vs. Pie     Weather Discussion    
Watch ABC40 News Live!   (View)

Palmer McDonald’s Shut Down Due to CO Leak

Palmer, Mass. (WGGB) — A McDonald’s Restaurant in Palmer had to be evacuated Wednesday evening right during dinner time due to a carbon monoxide leak.

The Palmer Police Department received the call just after 6:30 p.m. according to Sergeant Scott Haley.

The McDonald’s restaurant is located on Thorndike Street in Palmer.

Haley told ABC40 News, “There was some type of leak from the heating air conditioning equipment, and it was leaking CO into the building.  The fire Department and the police department evacuated the building and a worker was sent to Wing Memorial Hospital to be checked out.”

Restaurant customers were also checked out at the scene by emergency responders.

Haley says the restaurant will remain closed until the situation has been fixed.


Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus