logo

Fire in Springfield Leaves Two Families without a Home

SPRINGFIELD (WGGB) — Two families are homeless this morning after an overnight fire in Springfield. The blaze broke out at 18 Olive St. just after 1:30 this morning.

Officials say two families were living in a two and a half story house, which sustained about $25,000 worth of damage. Crews were able to put out the fire in about 20

minutes, and no one was injured. Investigators believe an electrical problem in the second floor’s rear bedroom sparked the blaze.