SOMERS, Conn. (WGGB) — A fire broke out at a home on Hall Hill Rd in Somers just after 2:00 a.m. Friday morning. Mutual aid from East Longmeadow was called in to help the Somers Fire Department.
Firefighters on scene told ABC40 that the fire started in the kitchen. The flames trapped one person on the second floor of the home and they were rescued by firefighters. Firefighters also said that one person was taken to the hospital with injuries. A dog was also rescued. An investigation into the fire is ongoing.