Westfield Fire Victim Identified
WESTFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — We now know the name of an elderly man that was killed in a house fire Monday.
Westfield Fire Chief identified the man as 92-year-old Raymond Megaro.
For more than four hours, firefighters worked to put out the flames at the home on Noble Avenue. The two and a half story house caught fire Monday at about 12:30 a.m.
That’s when a neighbor called the Westfield Fire Department saying there was a tenant inside.
Firefighters, who were stationed less than a mile away from the scene arrived immediately and were able to pull the man out of the burning home. He was then transferred to Noble Hospital where he passed away.
Investigators have determined that a malfunction in the furnace’s blower was the cause of the fire. They also note that there were no smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors in the home.