SPRINGFIELD (WGGB) — An early morning fire in Springfield has forced several people out of their home.
The fire broke out at 931 Worthington Street just before 2am. Officials believe the fire started in a second floor kitchen, after a resident started cooking and then fell asleep.
The fire caused about $60,000 dollars worth of damage.
There was a mother and three children living on the second floor four story apartment building. They’re getting assistance from the red cross.
Another family that was living on the third floor is spending the night with relatives.