logo
Featured on 40:     E-ZPass Sign-Up     Debate Over Home Sprinklers     40's Friends     Sox Trades     Weather Discussion    

Space Heater Causes Holyoke Fire, Forcing Three from their Home

HOLYOKE, Mass. (WGGB) — Fire tore through a Holyoke apartment early Saturday afternoon.

It happened a little before noon at 103 Newton Street.

Firefighters say three people were living in the home and all of them escaped uninjured.

Still, it’s incredibly tough to lose your home, especially this time of year.

“Christmas presents, gifts, decorations, all that stuff was in there, so, yeah it’s a tough time of year — any time of year is tough for fire, but especially this time. But no injuries,” says Holyoke Fire Lt. Thomas Paquin.

The house next door sustained a little bit of smoke damage.

Investigators have determined that a malfunction with a gas-fired space heater caused the blaze.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus