SPRINGFIELD (WGGB) — A fire broke out overnight, displacing at least two families and leaving the home with some serious damage.
Officials say the blaze started in a second floor ceiling at 24 Medford St. just after midnight.
Three people living on the first floor, and eight people living on the second floor were able to escape the structure without any injury.
They’re now being assisted by the Red Cross.
Officials say the fire was cause by faulty electrical wiring, and the blaze has left $75,000 in damage. Stay with abc40 for the latest.