logo

3 men plead guilty in 2008 home invasion death

DEDHAM, Mass. (AP) — Three men charged in a fatal 2008 home invasion in Holbrook have pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in a deal with prosecutors.

The Norfolk District Attorney’s office says two pleaded guilty last week and the third pleaded guilty Monday. The men — 24-year-old Joshua Berrios of Taunton and two Chelsea men, 24-year-old Jeffrey Anthony and 29-year-old Kencheser Martin — will be sentenced Friday.

Martin’s sister, Nekita Martin, who agreed to testify for prosecutors, is scheduled for a change of plea Wednesday. She was originally charged with murder, kidnapping, unarmed robbery and accessory before the fact.

Prosecutors said 25-year-old Osahon Ighodaro, a Nigerian immigrant who worked at a Boston parking lot, was targeted after he told Nekita Martin at a nightclub he had electronics at home. He was tied up and beaten to death.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus