logo
Featured on 40:     E-ZPass Sign-Up     The Pit Bull Debate     Sox Trades     Brittany Skydives!     Weather Discussion    
Watch ABC40 News Live!   (View)

Propane Heater Causes Holyoke Shed Fire


HolyokeFire

HOLYOKE, Mass. (WGGB) — Firefighters in the Paper City had tough time fighting a shed fire Thursday.

Holyoke Fire Lt. Thomas Paquin says that crews were called to University Park Apartments on Route 141 just before 10:00 a.m. Thursday morning.

Over a dozen firefighters worked to put out the fire, which was located in a large pool shed. The shed, according to Paquin, contained pool chemicals and snowblower equipment.

Due to the newly fallen snow, firefighters had a tough time accessing nearby fire hydrants.

Paquin adds that a propane heater, that was attached to the ceiling of the shed, appears to be the cause of the fire.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus