Mill Fire Knocked Down in Holyoke
According to the Police Department the call came in at 5:22 p.m.
When our crew arrived on scene they could see smoke pouring from the building located at 195 Appleton Street which is right across from the new High Performance Computing Center on Bigelow Street.
Holyoke Fire Lt. Thomas Paquin told ABC40 News they were able to put out the flames within a short period of time with the help of 14 firefighters. He adds that the fire started from sparks created by cut pipes.
Paquin says the building’s owner was cutting pipes earlier in the day and he thought he had extinguished all the sparks, but apparently had not.
No one was injured in this incident.
The building is owned by Spartan Trust, Harry Xarras of Fitchburg.