logo
Featured on 40:     Storm Week     Win a 60" TV!     40 Force: School Drive     Funeral Home $     Weather Discussion    
share on facebook share on twitter
Breaking News
Ohio Man Arrested for 1995 Murder Case in Tolland Read more

Two Children Died of Smoke Inhalation in Conn. House Fire

putnam

PUTNAM, Conn. (AP) — The office of Connecticut’s chief medical examiner says two girls found dead after a house fire in Putnam died of smoke inhalation.

The 3-year-old and 6-month-old sisters were killed in a fire Tuesday that also injured four adults including their pregnant mother.

The cause of death was released Wednesday following autopsies by the medical examiner’s office.

Fire Marshal Norm Perron told The Bulletin of Norwich that fire was caused by accident but it will be difficult to determine the origin because the damage is so widespread.

WVIT-TV reports the girls were identified as Alexis Auger and her younger sister, Ava Auger.

Officials believe there were five apartments in the Victorian-style house, which was built in 1867 and had nearly 4,500 square feet of living space.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

  • my3boys

    So sad God bless rip little ones who never had a chance to love life because it was taken away so quickly!! And to the parents God guide u through this heartbreaking time