Featured on 40:     Storm Week     Win a 60" TV!     40 Force: School Drive     Sox Trophies     Weather Discussion    

Cops: Mom Pulled Gun at Conn. Chuck E. Cheese’s


NEWINGTON, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut mother has posted bail after being charged with pulling a gun and threatening another woman at a Chuck E. Cheese’s restaurant.

Police say 30-year-old Tawana Bourne brandished a .380-caliber handgun and chambered a round during an argument at the children’s game and pizza restaurant in Newington on Monday night. Police say both women were at the restaurant with their children.

Restaurant workers called police, who charged Bourne with reckless endangerment, risk of injury to children, threatening and breach of peace. She was freed after posting $50,000 bail and was ordered to appear in New Britain Superior Court on Feb. 19.

Bourne declined to comment.

Chuck E. Cheese’s released a statement saying weapons are banned in its restaurants and managers are evaluating security.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

  • Misses_ES

    Seriously -___- I stopped taking my son there when the one in Springfield was shot at anyway. This is what happens when ignorant people have kids. Guess what those kids are gonna grow up to do when they face conflicts in the future? Exactly what their loser mom did! Smh.

  • shawnm2

    She was upset because there wasn’t enough mozzerella on her pizza plus one of the games ate her token. She snapped.

  • alpinequeen

    Was the gun legal? Was it hers? People have guns on the brain.

  • casand2

    She had to have a license to carry or she would have been held without bail. Also you only have to pay 10% of what the bail is, so $ 5,000 is a lot easier to come up with than $50,000. She used very poor judgment. Hopefully, she loses her license to carry and never is in possession of a gun again. Luckily no one was hurt!