Gas Leak Forces Evacuation of South End Buildings
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — A gas leak has forced the evacuation of some South End residents and businesses.
Crew were called to Norwood Street in Springfield’s South End just after 11:30 a.m. Wednesday after workers from Springfield Water and Sewer hit a gas line.
People in the entire block from Norwood Street to Broad Street – which includes four homes and one gas station – have been evacuated as a precaution.
There has not been any reports of injuries.
ABC40 has a crew on the way to the scene and will have the latest as it becomes available.