Snow Collapses Restaurant Awning, Severing Gas Line
LONGMEADOW, Mass. (WGGB) — All the snow took its toll on a popular Longmeadow restaurant.
The awning over Max Burger’s outside dining space collapsed early Saturday morning.
Longmeadow firefighters responded quickly to secure the scene because when the awning fell, it tore apart a natural gas line.
“The crews were able to get in there, secure the gas, vent the building before there were any explosions or anything but it was a pretty dangerous situation,” says Longmeadow Fire Chief Eric Madison
Luckily, due to the snow storm, no one was in the area and the building was empty at the time.