Featured on 40:     Well Wishes for Alex     Parade Slideshow     Gas Prices     Weather Discussion    

2 Men Dead, 1 Woman in Hospital from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon MOnoxide

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) – The two men found dead in a Springfield house Sunday night were brothers. Police have not released their names yet, but say they were 46 and 32 years old.

According to a neighbor, the men arrived at 6 Corcoran Boulevard around 9 AM Sunday to clean it up. The house did not have electricity, so the brothers set up a generator inside. Later that same day, family members became concerned when attempts to contact the two men on the phone failed.

Several of those family members arrived at the house around 7 PM. They found the brothers inside. A woman attempted to carry them out of the house, but the carbon monoxide levels were so high, she was quickly overwhelmed. Paramedics rushed her to Bay State Medical Center. She survived.

A neighbor who lives right across the street witnessed the whole thing. “We were sitting there in front of the window and my wife said somebodies screaming outside,” said Shoukat Hussain. “Then we came out at the same time the fire marshall came. The one guy was already dead. the second one, the young one, they put on the ground and they were trying to do CPR for 20 minutes but he did not make it.”

Carbon monoxide readings of 1000 parts per million were found inside the home, that’s the highest level the devices can detect, according to the fire department.

Even though power was shut off at the house, police say there were working carbon monoxide detectors.

It remains unclear why the generator was being used inside the home.


Related Stories
Share this story


WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus