Crews Repair Main Street Gas Leak
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — Crews from Columbia Gas have been able to repair a small gas leak found downtown.
Just after noon Wednesday, firefighters were called to the area of 1691 Main Street for a smell of gas.
When they arrived, a smell was detected and a portion of Main Street was shut down as a precaution, while they and crews from Columbia Gas investigated.
Investigators found that a small leak was coming from a stove inside the former Teresa’s Soul Food.
No injuries were reported.
The scene was cleared and road reopened around 1:15 p.m.