6 Forced Out of Home by Electrical Fire
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — Three women, three young children and three pets are all homeless after their house went up in flames Thursday morning.
Aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner Dennis Leger told ABC40 that crews were called to the home at 36 Montmorenci Street at 2:28 a.m.
A woman inside the house heard crackling and smelled smoke so she alerted everyone inside to get out of the house. All three women, a six-year-old , five-year-old , two-year-old and three dogs made it out of the house safely according to Leger.
The fire caused an estimated $35,000 to $40,000 in damage. Investigators believe electrical wiring in the attic sparked the flames.
Leger said the residents denied help from the Red Cross.