Kitchen Fire Sparked After Power Outage
Aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner Dennis Leger told ABC40 that the woman who lived at 148 Canon Circle was cooking Wednesday night when the power went out.
Leger said the woman then decided to go to church for choir practice and while she was gone the power was restored to her home. When power came back to the house it was also restored to the stove that was left on.
Leger said mutual aid had to be called in from other towns because the Springfield Fire Department was fighting another fire on Grove Street at the time.
The fire caused about $25,000 in damage.