logo
Watch ABC40 News Live!   (View)

Pendleton Street Fire Leaves Family Homeless

House Fire

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — A fire on Pendleton Street in Springfield forces a family from their home.

Aide to the Fire Commissioner, Dennis Leger, says it started shortly before 10:00 p.m.

The homeowner heard a popping noise, went to investigate, lifted a carpet and found the wire to the space heater on fire.

It caused about $50,000 in damage, gutting about 50% of the first floor of the single family home.

No one was injured.

 

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.