SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — The Festival of Flowers began this weekend at the Springfield Museums.
Over 50 floral arrangements are on display both inside the museums and out on the Quadrangle green.
The creations were made by different individuals and groups, from local gardeners to professional florists. A few months in advance of this weekend’s show, each flower artist was assigned a piece of artwork. Their goal, have their flower arrangement resemble the painting and/or museum exhibit it stands with.
The events for this spring festival will continue throughout the weekend:
- Culture & Cocktails: Tonight, Thursday April 4: 5PM-8PM
- From the White House to Your House with Ruth Loiseau: Saturday, April 6: 1-3 PM $7 in addition to museum admission
- Floral Arranging: Spring Basket with Bob Whitney: Saturday April 6 10AM- 12 PM, $60 Members, $70 Non-members
- Floral Design Workshop with Ruth Loiseau, Friday April 26, 10AM- 12PM $60 Members, $70 non-members
- Family Activity: Tissue Paper Flowers, Saturday 10AM-2PM, Sunday: 11AM-2PM
- The Flower Cart: The Botaniste Thursday- Sunday