DCR to Close Parts of Norwottuck Rail Trail for Maintenance
AMHERST, Mass. (WGGB) — Portions of the Norwottuck Rail Trail is set to be closed as the state conducts some maintenance
Beginning Monday, and lasting for about three weeks, the state’s Department of Conservation and Recreation will be conducting water drainage maintenance.
This work will necessitate the closure of portions of the trail between Amherst and Hadley from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day, in the following order:
- South Maple Street to Hazel Street in Amherst and Hadley – week of April 8
- Spruce Hill Road to South Maple Street in Hadley – weeks of April 8 and April 15
- South Maple Street to Hazel Street in Amherst and Hadley – weeks of April 15 and April 22
- Hazel Street to Rte 9 in Amherst – weeks of April 15 and April 22
- Route 9 to Southeast Street in Amherst – week of April 22.
For more information on the project, you can call the Connecticut River Greenway State Park at (413) 586-8706, extension 12.