logo

Easthampton House Fire Knocked Down, Thousands in Damages

Easthampton FireEASTHAMPTON, Mass. (WGGB) — Firefighters have been able to put out a fire at a home in Easthampton on Arthur Street.

That’s according to our crew who responded to the scene and spoke with Easthampton Fire Chief Croake.

Emergency personnel were notified of the house fire located at 5 Arthur Street at 9:37 p.m. tonight.

The fire which originally started out as a stove fire quickly got out of control.  A police officer was the first to respond and by the time she got the fire extinguisher from her cruiser and started to head back inside, the fire turned into a heavy one in the kitchen.

It took firefighters about 15 minutes to put out the flames.

No one was injured in the incident.

It’s estimated that between $35,000 and $40,000 in damages was done to the home as a result.

Northampton and Southampton Fire Departments provided mutual aid.