logo
Watch ABC40 News Live!   (View)

Electrical Fire in Springfield Displaces Three Residents

SpfldFireSPRINGFIELD (WGGB) – A a sparking utility pole is being blamed for an early morning fire at 128 Massachusetts Avenue in Springfield.

According to fire officials, fire fighters had to tear down sheet rock at the back of the building to fight the fire, which caused between $5-10 thousand in damage.

The smoke detectors in the home did not seem to be functioning, and the homeowner was alerted to the fire when her dog began scratching at the door.

No injuries were reported, but three second floor residents have been displaced. The Pioneer Valley Red Cross is assisting.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus