logo
Featured on 40:     Storm Week     Win a 60" TV!     40 Force: School Drive     Sox Trophies     Weather Discussion    

Styx, REO Speedwagon, Ted Nugent Concert to Benefit Bombing Victims

MMCConcert

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — A concert presenting three classic rock artists set for this week in Springfield will help victims and their families of the marathon bombing.

The MassMutual Center is making 400 tickets for Tuesday’s performance of Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Ted Nugent available at a price of $26.20, when one uses the promo code “ONEFUNDonline at Ticketmaster.com.

All the proceeds from tickets purchased with that code will go to The One Fund Boston, which was established immediately after last week’s bombing.

In addition, the acts will be giving away a guitar signed by the three acts as part of a silent auction. 75 percent of those proceeds will go to a local charity in Boston to help bombing victims. The remaining 25 percent will be given to local charities.

Styx said in a statement, “Like all Americans, we have watched the events in Boston and wondered what we could we do to help. We know the fans of all three bands will once again rise with us to help our friends in Boston. We Are Boston!”

“We feel such sadness for those innocent people in Boston who have suffered so much and are still suffering now. We think of those victims of senseless violence as we sign the guitar which is to be donated on their behalf each night. In our small way, we do what we do,” added REO Speedwagon

Ted Nugent notes, β€œThe Nugent band and family are surrounded by Americans who care deeply about each other and are dedicated to give all we got in times of need. We again face a tragedy that we can all help with, and are proud of this charitable heart and soul effort.”

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.