logo
Watch ABC40 News Live!   (View)

“Midwest Rock ‘N Roll Express” Tour at MassMutual Benefits Boston Bombing Victims

StyxConcertSPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — A big night tonight at the MassMutual Center as STYX, REO Speedwagon, and Ted Nugent took the stage.

It’s part of their “Midwest Rock ‘N Roll Express” tour which kicked off in Grand Forks, ND last week.  But the artists are no strangers to Springfield.

Most of them made stops here to perform in the 70′s and 80′s.

The great show tonight wasn’t the only good thing the artist brought along with them.

STYX charity “Rock to the Rescue” auctioned off a guitar signed by all three acts on the tour.

The proceeds go to victims of the Boston bombings as well as the Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society.

STYX lead singer Tommy Shaw’s daughter, Hannah runs the charity and says they were delighted to help out.

“It’s always really amazing to see the generosity of the fans, you know, in every single city. We’re got such fantastic support for what we’re doing but especially since we are here in Massachusetts we’re really, really thrilled to be able to support the people who were affected by the Boston bombings,” explains Hannah Shaw, Executive Director of “Rock to the Rescue.”

75% of the money from every stop on the tour will go to victims of the Boston bombings. The other 25% goes to a local charity which Hannah helps to pick.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus