logo
Featured on 40:     Bear Sighting RAW VIDEO     Storm Week     Win a 60" TV!     40 Force: School Drive     Weather Discussion    

Police: No Evidence Boston Suspects Targeted NY

Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 2.45.12 PM
NEW YORK (AP) — Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly says there is no evidence that the Boston Marathon bombing suspects were targeting New York City. But he says one may have been planning to party in the city after the attack.

Kelly said Wednesday that 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev traveled to New York at least once last fall. There is a photo of the suspect in Times Square, but no evidence that he was looking at possible targets.

Kelly said he was told Tsarnaev may have been intending to come to New York to party, or for a party, after the bombings. But Kelly said it’s not clear if any specific plans were made.

Tsarnaev was charged earlier this week. His older brother, Tamerlan, died in a shootout with police.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.