logo

Firefighters Work to Put Out Flames at Easthampton Home

EASTHAMPTON, Mass. (WGGB) — Firefighters worked to extinguish a kitchen fire in Easthampton on Northampton Street Monday night.

Emergency personnel received the call just before 10:00 p.m. The two-family home at 88 Northampton Street had heavy smoke coming from the attic when firefighters arrived. In a statement to ABC40, the Fire Department said the flames were started by cooking oil on a stove top.

Fire crews estimate the damage in the affected apartment at around $60,000.

Route 10 was closed for a short time while crews worked, but the road has since been reopened. The Northampton Fire Department also helped Easthampton crews.

There were no reported injuries.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus