BELCHERTOWN, Mass. (WGGB) — Firefighters have been able to knock down flames at a garage that caught fire in Belchertown this evening.
According to the Belchertown Fire Department they received the call just before 7:00 p.m. for a burning structure at a home at 410 Franklin Street.
Firefighters from Bondsville and the Three Rivers sections of Palmer responded providing mutual aid.
The detached garage did not catch the house on fire but the heat did melt some of the home’s siding.
Our crew on scene says it appears to be a complete loss.
We spoke with the Belchertown Fire Department and they believe it may have been caused by a lawn mower that was recently used and put back in the garage still warm, but they can’t know for sure until a full investigation has been completed.
No one was inside when the fire erupted and no injuries have occurred as a result.