logo

Fire that Displaced 3 Families in Greenfield Accidentally Caused from Cooking

GreenfieldFire

GREENFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — A multi-family home in Greenfield caught fire early this evening leaving 3 families displaced.

The Greenfield Fire Department received the call at about 5:45 p.m.

Firefighters responded quickly to the home located at 36-38 Phillips Street and found a well involved fire.  They were able to knock down the flames a short time later.

The fire which was located in the kitchen area was caused accidentally from someone who was cooking there according to the Greenfield Fire Department.

According to Fire Chief Michael Winn everyone that was home at the time was able to make it out safely.  No one was injured in this fire.

The Red Cross is assisting the three displaced families.

 

 

 


Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus