Fire that Displaced 3 Families in Greenfield Accidentally Caused from Cooking
GREENFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — A multi-family home in Greenfield caught fire early this evening leaving 3 families displaced.
The Greenfield Fire Department received the call at about 5:45 p.m.
Firefighters responded quickly to the home located at 36-38 Phillips Street and found a well involved fire. They were able to knock down the flames a short time later.
The fire which was located in the kitchen area was caused accidentally from someone who was cooking there according to the Greenfield Fire Department.
According to Fire Chief Michael Winn everyone that was home at the time was able to make it out safely. No one was injured in this fire.
The Red Cross is assisting the three displaced families.