logo

Garage Fire Destroys Car

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — Fire crews in Springfield worked to put out a garage fire Monday morning.

Executive Aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner Dennis Leger told ABC40 that the fire started at around 5:30 a.m.

The flames destroyed the car inside the one-vehicle garage. The damage stands at an estimated $15,000.

The fire is believed to be started by an overloaded extension cord.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus