Judge Takes No Action on Motions in Aaron Hernandez Case
North Attleborough, Mass. (ABC News) — A Massachusetts judge on Friday said he would not take action on motions filed by the defense team of former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez who stands accused in the June death of a semi-pro football player.
The judge said the motions can be addressed at Hernandez’s arraignment in Fall River superior court next week.
Last week, Hernandez was indicted on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of Odin Lloyd.
Hernandez is being held without bail in connection with the death of Lloyd, who was found dead on June 17 near Hernandez’s North Attleborough home.
The grand jury indictment charges the 23-year-old former tight end with murder and five weapons charges.
Prosecutors allege that Hernandez orchestrated Lloyd’s killing because he talked to people Hernandez had problems with at a nightclub.
The district attorney has argued that Hernandez and two other associates, Ernest Wallace and Carlos Ortiz, picked up Lloyd at his Dorchester home and drove him to an industrial park near Hernandez’s home.
Lloyd’s bullet-ridden body was later found.
Hernandez is set to be arraigned in Fall River superior court on September 6.
Hernandez’s lawyers maintain the case against him is weak and circumstantial.