MLB Announces Start Times for American League Championship Series
BOSTON, Mass. (WGGB) — The Boston Red Sox and Major League Baseball have announced the start times for the American League Championship Series.
The league said Thursday that first pitch for Game 1 on Saturday will be at 8:07 p.m. from Fenway Park.
The Sox also say that Jon Lester will start Game 1, and explains that they will announce the rest of the rotation once they know who their opponent will be.
Boston will the Detroit Tigers, who beat the Oakland A’s 3-0 in Game 5 of their ALDS match-up Thursday night. Detroit wins that series 3-2.
Game 2 will start at 8:15 p.m. on Sunday.
Here is the entire schedule:
- Game 1 – Detroit @ Boston – Sat, Oct 12 – 8:07 p.m
- Game 2 – Detroit @ Boston – Sun, Oct 13 – 8:15 p.m.
- Game 3 – Boston @ Detroit – Tue, Oct 15 – 4:07 p.m.
- Game 4 – Boston @ Detroit – Wed, Oct 16 – 8:07 p.m
- Game 5* – Boston @ Detroit – Thu, Oct 17 – 8:07 p.m. (* if neccesary)
- Game 6* – Detroit @ Boston – Sat, Oct 19 – 4:37 p.m (* if neccesary) (if no NLCS Game 7, will be 8:07 p.m. start)
- Game 7* – Detroit @ Boston – Sun, Oct 20 – 8:07 p.m (* if neccesary)
Want to go to Game 1 on Saturday? ABC40 is giving away two tickets plus a limo ride to and from the ballpark. ‘Like’ WGGBSpringield on Facebook and enter to win, then tune in to 40 in the Morning Friday to see if you won. (Entrants must be 18 years old or older to enter, and be a resident of Hampshire, Hampden, or Franklin County.)
You can catch all the action of the American League Championship Series, only on FOX 6.