logo
Watch ABC40 News Live!   (View)

Columbia Gas Crews Respond to Carbon Monoxide Leak

PLAINFIELD GAS LEAKSPRINGFIELD (WGGB) — Crews from Columbia Gas responded to a carbon monoxide leak at a Springfield apartment building Saturday.

All of the residents have returned to their apartments, after the Springfield Fire Department says they detected the smell of the gas at the complex on Plainfield Street.

Some residents left the building as a precaution.

Columbia Gas worked to repair the leak.


  • alpinequeen

    Back in the 50′s my parents had a gas stove in the house where I grew up. The kitchen stove even had a heater on one side for those cold mornings so we didn’t have to go into the cellar to shovel coal into the furnace. I’m glad my current house doesn’t have gas, but there is a new wood stove in the kitchen so I don’t have to turn on the oil furnace.