logo

Electrical Short Blamed for Fire at West Springfield Home

from Casey Straight, viewer

from Casey Straight, viewer

WEST SPRINGFIELD (WGGB) — An electrical short is being blamed for a large fire at a West Springfield home Saturday night.

The West Springfield Fire Department says some faulty wiring caused the fire to spark and burn through the middle of the multi-family home.

The West Springfield Fire Department says the fire began at roughly 8:00 p.m. in a house at 20 Warren Street, off of Route 5. It quickly spread into the attic. Eight to ten people were living in the home and have been displaced. The Red Cross is assisting those residents.

The fire caused $20,000 to $30,000 worth of damage.

One family was in the first floor of the home when the fire began, but they were able to get out safely. There were no injuries reported.

High flames could be seen out of the middle of the house. Five West Springfield Fire trucks responded to the scene, two of which had their ladders extended to the house. Red Cross officials also responded and lent assistance.

 

 

 


Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus