logo

Firefighters Respond to Blaze in Springfield

20140208_114859SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (wggb) – An overheated extension cord is to blame for a morning fire in an apartment building at 95 Oswego Street.

According to the Executive Aide to the Fire Commissioner, Dennis Leger, Springfield Firefighters responded to the call that came in just before 11 AM.

Firefighters arrived to find fire on the top floor of a four story brick apartment building.

Two adults and four children have been displaced due to the blaze which caused $57,000 in damage.

.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus