logo

Electrical Problems Caused Dunmoreland Street House Fire

dunmoreland house fireSPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — A house fire forced that three people from their Springfield home Friday morning was caused by an electrical wiring problem.

Aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner Dennis Leger says the three people live on the third floor of the two-family, 2.5 story home at 138 Dunmoreland St. That’s where they believe the fire began shortly after 6:35 a.m.

The first floor of the home is unfinished and was unoccupied. There were no injuries.

$75,000 in damage was done to the house and the whole back of the roof is now gone.

The three people displaced by the fire are being assisted by the Red Cross.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus