logo

Electrical Fire Shuts Down Springfield Laundromat

LAUNDROMAT FIRESPRINGFIELD (WGGB) — A Springfield business was left with significant damage, after a fire on Sunday night.

Aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner Dennis Leger says firefighters responded to the Laundromat Express on Sumner Ave. shortly after 7:00 p.m., after an employee smelled smoke in the building.

Leger says they determined that it was an electrical fire, which started between the wall and ceiling.

It caused roughly $20,000 worth of damage and will leave the business temporarily closed. However, everyone was able to get out of the building safely.

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.

Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus