40 Force: Unlocking Autism
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WGGB) — Autism is hitting home and the 40 Force is here to help you get answers.
What are the warning signs and common misconceptions?
Tonight, we will have a panel of experts to take your calls and answer your questions.
Discover how children are being diagnoses and find out how the disorder is being treated.
40 Force: Unlocking Autism, tonight starting at 5, only on ABC40.
We would like to thank our panel of experts for joining us
- Sarah Helm and Rick Bonfiglio – May Institute, (413) 785-5462
- Kate Snyder, Ed.D. – Asst. Professor, Special Educ., Springfield College
- Katrina Manegio – ServiceNet, 129 King Street, Northampton, (413) 585-1300
- Dr. Shannon Kay, Ph.D. – Baystate Medical Center
- Maria Burke – Director of Development, Jericho – Bureau for Exceptional Children and Adults, Holyoke
Information on services/resources for families:
Mass. Department of Public Health – Community Support Line: (800) 882-1435
Community Resources for People with Autism, Easthampton
Jericho – Bureau for Exceptional Children and Adults, Holyoke
Federation for Children with Special Needs
Mass. Family Voices
Mass. Families Organizing for Change
Mass. Family Ties – A Network For Families & Professionals Supporting Children & Youth With Special Needs
Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism
Asperger’s Association of New England
Massachusetts Act Early
Criterion Child Enrichment – Early Intervention Program, South Hadley