Batteries in Baby Video Monitors Recalled
WASHINGTON (WGGB/AP) — Summer Infant is recalling about 800,000 rechargeable batteries used in baby video monitors because of a burn hazard.
The Woonsocket, R.I.-based manufacturer has received 22 reports of overheated and ruptured batteries, including incidents of smoke and minor property damage.
The hand-held, color video monitors were sold with a matching camera and A/C adaptors at Babies “R” Us, online and other retailers from about February 2010 through 2012 for $150 to $350.
The batteries are about 1 1/2 inches tall by 2 1/4 inches wide and are 1/4 inches thick, black, and marked with TCL on the batteries’ lower right corner.
Battery numbers include:
- S/N: JNN-S150A
- S/N: JNS150-BA
- S/N: JNS150A
- S/N: JNN-S150B
- S/N: JNS150-BB
- S/N: JNN-S150C
Monitors impacted include:
- Baby Touch – Model 02000, 02000Z
- Baby Touch Plus – Model 28520
- Best View – Model 28030, 28030Z, 28035, 28280Z
- Best View Choice – Model 28460
- Complete Coverage – Model 28040
- Dual Coverage – Model 28510
- MultiView – Model 28490
- Peek Plus – Model 02230
- Private Label Baby Sight – Model 3927000H11/A, 3927003H12
- Safe Sight – Model 28530
- Secure Sight – Model 02040, 02040Z
- Sleek & Secure – Model 28270
- Slim & Secure – Model 02800, 02805
- Slim & Secure Plus – Model 28450
- Slim & Secure Plus Power Pack – Model 28590
Consumers can contact Summer Infant for a replacement battery at 800-426-8627 or online at http://www.summerinfant.com.
The batteries were manufactured in China. About 58,800 batteries were recalled in February 2011.