Featured on 40:     Well Wishes for Alex     Parade Slideshow     Gas Prices     Weather Discussion    

Mass. Girl Burned When Hair Gets Stuck in Toaster


LOWELL, Mass. (AP) — An 11-year-old Lowell girl was taken to a hospital after her hair got caught in a toaster and she suffered serious burns to her forehead.

Police tell The Sun that emergency crews responded to a home at about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday after getting a 911 call.

Firefighters and EMT’s treated the girl at the scene before she was taken to Lowell General Hospital.

Authorities say two to three inches of burned skin was visible on the girl’s forehead, and some appeared to be peeling.

Police say the girl suffered second- or third-degree burns.

Family members told police the girl was looking down into a toaster that was in use when her hair got stuck.


Information from: The (Lowell, Mass.) Sun, http://www.lowellsun.com

Related Stories
Share this story


WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus