Featured on 40:     Well Wishes for Alex     Parade Slideshow     Gas Prices     Weather Discussion    

Gas Explosion in Longmeadow House

photo (8)LONGMEADOW, Mass. (WGGB) — The Longmeadow Fire Department responded to a fire at 103 Meadowbrook Road in Longmeadow Saturday morning.

The fire started in the kitchen when the garbage disposal was turned on around 9 a.m. Within 30 minutes, the fire was brought under control.

The fire stayed in the kitchen and smoke damaged other parts of the house causing $100,000 worth of damage.

The Longmeadow Fire Department said they believe gas build up ignited the fire. Columbia Gas of Massachusetts was called to the scene for assistance.

One homeowner was injured and transported to the hospital for medical attention for minor injuries. The injuries do not appear to be life threatening.

Columbia Gas of Massachusetts and State Fire Marshal are conducting an investigation.

Stay with us for more information.

Related Stories
Share this story


WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus