Lightning Strike Sparks Fire in Attic of Monson Home
The Monson Fire Department says that the home owner was on his way to work, when he smelled smoke coming from the top of his home at 41 Bethany Rd. He was able to quickly get his family out of the home and contacted the fire department.
Firefighters responded to the scene around 9:00 p.m. to find a fire burning in the attic of the home. Crews were able to get into the home and put the fire out quickly, limiting the damage and containing the flames to the attic.
While the fire department was not able to estimate the extent of that damage, the power to the home was cut, forcing that family to stay out of their home until the insurance company is able to evaluate the attic.
No one was injured, but crews remained on the scene for more than two hours to ensure that the flames were extinguished.