logo
Watch ABC40 News Live!   (View)

Dog Turns on Stove, Which then Sets Laptop Ablaze

Pets-Dogs2LACEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Police say a New Jersey family’s dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.

The fire was reported early Friday evening in Lacey Township while the owners were away.

Police tell the Asbury Park Press that investigators believe the dog accidentally turned on the stove, though they didn’t specify how that occurred.

Police say heat from the stove eventually burned a laptop computer that had been left on top of the appliance. Smoke was pouring from the roof when firefighters arrived, but the blaze was quickly extinguished.

Firefighters rescued the dog, which emerged unscathed.


Comments

WGGB encourages readers to share their thoughts and engage in healthy dialogue about the issues. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, offensive language or advertising will be removed. Please use the report comment function for any posts you feel should be reviewed. Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus