FOX 6 SUPERFAN- CONTEST RULES
FOX 6 SUPERFAN
ABC40/FOX6 is holding a Facebook contest. Winner will receive two tickets to the “Big Game” at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey February 2nd 2014, a limo ride to and from the game, admission to a private party at a restaurant (off premesis-TBD) and souvenirs.
Who Can Enter
- To be eligible to participate in this contest, contestants must be residents of Hampden, Franklin, or Hampshire County.
- Employees of Gormally Broadcasting LLC., WGGB, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs, or provides other services to television broadcast station WGGB-TV (the “Station”), ABC, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all television broadcast and cable stations, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, or anyone else residing in their household.
How to Enter
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- Winner must be 21 or older. Guest must be 21 years or older.
- To enter, go to Facebook page “WGGBSpringfield.” Click on the icon that says “FOX6 Superfan” just below the cover image. Contestants will be invited to post a picture of themselves as the “FOX6 Superfan.” Contestants are encouraged to have all of their “friends” vote on the picture. The picture which has the most “votes” by the end of the contest will win. If entrant posts a photo that features someone who isn’t an official entrant (this includes any and all pictures which do not identify the actual Facebook entrant), the prize will be awarded to the entrant who posted the photo.
- Contestants and subsequent voters must “Like” Facebook page “WGGBSpringfield” in order to enter and/or vote.
- Winner will be announced on January 27th and will be contacted that day via e-mail and the phone number given on the contestant’s entry form. Winner will be announced on “ABC40 First on Fox” during the 10PM broadcast on Monday January 27th.
- Winner must fill out an affidavit of eligibility. Winner and guest must provide proper identification (state issued ID/license) in order for station to release the prize.
- Winners must be from Franklin, Hampden and Hampshire counties. While contestants must be from the aforementioned counties, those that vote to help contestant win, can be from anywhere in the world. If contestant with the most “votes” is not from Franklin, Hampshire or Hampden counties or isn’t 21 years of age, another contestant will be drawn, and so on, until a winner from Franklin, Hampshire, or Hampden counties is picked.
- There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of the Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar or lesser value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- Transportation will be provided by the station. A limo will pick winner and guest up from the winner’s residence no later than noon on game day, 2/2/14, and drop the winner off at home following the conclusion of the game that evening. Winner does have the option to forgo the provided transportation and use their own transportation, providing a written notice is given. Written notice must be given by Wednesday January 30th 2014 at noon. WGGB/Gormally Broadcasting is not responsible for providing any alternate transportation if/when contestant refuses transportation offered by WGGB/Gormally Broadcasting and will not be liable for issues which may arise from such a decision.
- Private party- Winner and guest are eligible to attend a private party, offered by our ticket partners, at a restaurant (specific location TBA), featuring open bar, gourmet food, and NFL Hall of Famers (scheduled to attend). Transportation will drop winner and guest off at the party where there will be transportation to the game. Winner must make arrangements with limo operator regarding any early departures from the VIP party. Winner is encouraged to be in touch with limo driver in order to stay on schedule and arrive at the game on time.
- The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
- Winner and guest will likely have to submit to a security check prior to attending the game. Specific security measures depend upon event organizers.
- Only one prize (2 tickets) will be awarded to one winner.
- WGGB, Inc. and Gormally Broadcasting LLC., are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
- WGGB, Inc. and Gormally Broadcasting LLC., are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize. Winner and guest are urged to dress accordingly, as game will be outside during the winter. Winner/guest are informed that it will be a prolonged outdoor event and to be sure they will be able to withstand the amount of time in the elements prior to entering.
- In claiming prize, winner acknowledges that WGGB, Inc. and Gormally Broadcasting LLC., WILL publicize winner’s name, character, likeness, photograph, video, voice, and the fact that winner is for promotional purposes without financial remuneration. WGGB, Inc. and Gormally LLC., are not responsible for any damages stemming from exposure of winner’s likeness and /or prize winnings.
- WGGB, Inc. and Gormally Broadcasting LLC are not responsible and will not be held liable for any damages to, or caused by, winner and/or guest. It is the winner and guest’s responsibilities to follow the instructions of the limo operator, enjoy the game in a lawful manner, and keep to the schedule given by contest organizers.
- Contest ends 11:59PM Sunday January 26th 2014.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WGGB-TV, 1300 Liberty Street, Springfield, MA 01104.
- For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to “FOX6 Superfan” WGGB-TV, 1300 Liberty Street, Springfield, MA 01104.
- This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Gormally Broadcasting LLC., WGGB Inc., and ABC accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
- Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information.
- Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates
- Station cannot be held liable if there is not a contest due to breaking news, equipment failure or other unscheduled event which results in the cancellation of the contest.